Saturday 15 September 2012

Corporate Portraits - update.

Okay, so after a few weeks of getting other assignments out of the way and doing some actual paid photographic work i have managed to arrange my first photo-shoot with the management staff at Royal Canberaa Golf Club for this Wednesday morning September 19 at 10am.

It might be a tricky situation.. Initially i was told that Monday mornings at 10-10:30am is the best time to catch everyone together in order to get my group shot done, but if they all show up on Wednesday i might as well go for it there and then. If i get "the shot" great, but if not at least i have something to show Belinda for revision and feedback before i go do it all again.

If they don't all show up i will single out my best subject/s and make a start on the individual "head shots" and as mentioned earlier - this will at least give me something to show Belinda for revision and feedback.

There are 6 management staff at Royal Canberra Golf Club. I have met and now two of them already reasonably well, but i shall have to schmooze the remaining staff members, which shouldn't be too difficult.

I have my gear ready to go for this, which includes:

  • DSLR (charged up and card instead)
  • Portable lighting kit (charged for action)
  • Light stands (in a bag ready to go)
  • Speedlite (with spare batteries)
  • Pop-out background (black and white)
I MUST ALSO DRESS ACCORDING TO THE CLUB'S STANDARD OF ATTIRE. A typical characteristic of a golf club. Especially the prestigious ones.

From my time at the club already, i have two spots in mind for the group shot - the better of the two faces almost directly east, the other faces a slightly more south-easterly direction. Time of day might not be ideal, but again that is the beauty of being able to go back if things don't work out perfectly the first time.

I would also like to get an elevated group shot if i can. I know the greenskeeper boys have an elevated work platform down in the shed that they use for trimming trees etc - i will try sweet-talk the idea into their heads to try do this if i feel it will go down well. Might as well try for it right :]



D.

No comments:

Post a Comment