Wednesday 19 September 2012

RCGC - Corporate shoot.

Okay, so i finally had a chance within my busy calendar to make it back to Royal Canberra Golf Club to do my first run of corporate portraits for my major assessment task. Below are the results, i can see areas that need more attention and i will head back to re-shoot once i have had time to run these past Belinda and gain some feedback from her.

I only took my speedlite, pop-out white/black background and 5in1 reflector. I fitted my mini-softbox to the speedlite and had it producing f/8 - with the reading from the silver reflector just out of frame reading f/5.6ish. I don't feel the speedlite gave a good enough "spread" of light - maybe i'm being hard on myself.

Each of my subjects was photographed in both landscape and portrait orientation.

I felt i was able to communicate with each of my subjects on an individual level and continued to ask questions relating to what they do away from work in order to try take them to their "happy place" haha. I feel Patrick was the only one i had trouble getting to relax into a natural smile.


Things i need to fix:

  • the background needs to be white, not grey.
  • pay closer attention to shadows on the face.
  • pay closer attention to those with glasses on.
  • ensure subjects are looking relaxed and natural.
  • ensure items of clothing look appealing and straight.


Anyway, with all that said take a moment to have a squiz at these.



D.

Amanada Menard.

Mark Childs.

Neil.

Mary-Anne.

Richard.

Carey.

Patrick.

Craig.

Craig.

My little set-up for the above portraits.





The following photographs are a collection of more

Richard.

Richard.

Amanda.

Amanda.

Rossi.



No comments:

Post a Comment